Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dream until your dream comes true...



Merry Christmas! It comes and goes too fast. So fast that I forget to enjoy the moment sometimes.

So this year I wanted to do something a little different for a Christmas card, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love seeing everyone's beautiful face and adorable kids when I rip open a card up from my sweet friends! That's one of the best parts of Christmas time.

But I wanted to do something that was inspirational, thought-provoking and just a reminder that dreams can come true. 

I think it did just that. I did not expect the response I got from my Christmas card. I am overwhelmed by the compliments I have received! I am thankful for my sister, Diane Simmons of Divine Photography who gets me and my "particular" ways. I can be extremely picky when it comes to photographs and design (since I am a graphic designer, I can be the toughest critic of my work at times). I had a vision and man she brought it to life! I was thrilled when I saw the end product! She took the photo and I did the design (perfect team if you ask me!)

How did we get the dogs to cooperate is another question... well ... thank you Burger King! We bought cheeseburgers broke them up and spread them across the field. It was too funny and the dogs loved every minute of it. We walked back and forth about 20 times to get the right shot. But she made it happen. It's exactly what I envisioned. 

The cherry on top was that I got it printed through ZAZZLE on the gold metallic paper which really made the card shine and pop. I couldn't have been happier with the end result.

This year, don't be afraid to shoot for your wildest dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't have it or it's too far out of your reach.

One of the most important things you can do is write your dream down. Go grab a piece of paper or journal and write down things you would like to see happen this year. Don't quit believing, just keep your dreams before you all the time. In your purse, makeup bag, mirror or some type of reminder somewhere so you don't forget that you are worth having all your dreams come true.





This saying came to me early one morning and I have to design something as a reminder.

Every year I make a dream board or add to the one I already have. It's a great way to keep your dreams in front of your face! I will share what I do in a couple days. I am going to do something new and design a "dream mirror."

So, what dream are you shooting for? Don't give up! I don't care if it's letting go of that "impossible" 50 lbs., a dream job you love, a new car or a mate. Keep your dream alive!

Have I had my dreams come true? Yes. We put a black Toyota Tundra on our dream board and that's exactly what my husband drives today. I wanted to make royalties off of my designs - I didn't know how, but I wrote it down and that's exactly what happened. ZAZZLE "found me" and I now make royalties off my creations. They are so many more things I could share! But you get the point. 

This works. It works if you don't let go of it and say "that'll never work for me." All you have to do is say, "it will work for me." Somehow, some way your dreams will find you. That's what they were meant to do.

So this coming year ... dream until your dreams come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment