Saturday, January 30, 2016

Antique bowls made new again!



I love it when I find a good deal, I get it from my momma :)

I never go into Good Will, ever. The other day I decided to on a whim and I'm so glad I did! I was looking around the place and I found these old antique Italian bowls lying on a shelf for $1.47, I thought it was for each ... but it was for all 4!

I knew I could get rid of the aged gold paint around the edges, just didn't know how...

I saw ideas that looked like it took couple hours ... but I remembered when you mix vinegar and baking soda .. it bubbles and causes a reaction and thought that would work and it did! I added lemon just for an extra acidic kick to the paint and voila!

What I did:

• Placed the bowl upside on a plate
• Sprinkled baking soda around the edges
• Squeezed lemon around the edges
• Then poured on the vinegar and it made bubbly mess that I knew would work!

I let it sit for about 10 minutes ... took an SOS pad and scrubbed away and it came off super easy!

All of this took less than 20 minutes!

So next time you think your bowls are trash, they can be made new again...













No comments:

Post a Comment